Saturday, June 1, 2013

They put French fries on everything...

Well, I made it. The journey was neither quick nor restful but surprisingly mediocre. Heck, if I can chalk 24 hours of traveling and 3 hours of sleep up to mediocre, I'd say I'm doing alright!

Before you read anything else, i need to apologize in advance for bad grammar and scattered thoughts. my brain runs significantly faster than my fingers can type on an ipad. Fact.

 There were no glitches in my travels. In fact, I was so calm and acting in no way like my typical hyper self that when Lisa picked me up, one of her first questions was if I popped a handful of xannies. I would like to think I have just magically turned into a sane person in the last week.  However, I fear the altitude medication may have a calming effect. Anyhow, I attribute my good luck at the airport completely to good karma. I did approximately 4 good deeds at the airport (who's counting?)... like legit good deeds... using my broken spanish to help a girl who asked for a 5 day visa instead of 50, returning credit cards, and all those other good things you can do in 24 hours at the airport. So the bottom line was I figured my plane wouldn't crash. And it didn't. I met a sweet girl to hang out with in Lima. She giggled a lot. We are talking like every other word a lot, but then I realized she was 21. Not that that excuses the behavior, but I used to giggle a lot at 21, so I am sympathetic. Okay, so maybe I still giggle a lot.  Anyway, I was picked up at the airport by a man holding a sign as promised and was dropped off at my new house by 8 am.

My roommate is awesome. We spent the whole day together today, getting lost and trying to figure out what the heck we are doing. She's an actress in LA, which means she's way cooler than I am. She got to date Ted in a How I Met Your Mother episode, which automatically adds her to my idol list. Seriously though, she's super cool, and we've already made lots of fun plans for the next two weeks while she's here.

Oh the living situation. I already forgot about that. I think it is going to be a blast because it is full of some really cool people. However, I also think I m going to stink for the next 5 weeks because we have 14+ people sharing one freezing shower and two toilets.  Makeup, dry hair, and shaved legs are a thing of the past. So for all of you that we're concerned about me bringing home a Peruvian husband can rest assured I'll be flying sola.

Also, I've had two things to eat today. Both which had French fries on top. The only logical conclusion is that everything here is topped with French Fries. Can you say Jackpot!?

1 comment: